Thursday, August 9, 2012

vlc-2.0.3-1.fc17.x86_64 main libvlc error

Having recently upgraded from F14 to F17, I found 1 small issues with my update on VLC.  F17 was so easy to install and on my HP DV3 pretty much worked, apart from the regular kernel line hack acpi_osi= to make the display come up.

VLC on the other hand decided that on my laptop didn't want to work for my account, but did on another user account.

When I ran it from the command line I received the following error;



VLC media player 2.0.3 Twoflower (revision 2.0.2-93-g77aa89e)
[0xa51bd8] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[0x97f108] main libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
[0x97f108] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

On further investigation into my environment I comment out my LD_LIBRARY_PATH that was currently set in my .bash_profile, logout and back in and hey presto VLC started to work again.

The trick here was the Segmentation fault at the end and the "no suitable interface module"

No comments:

Post a Comment